Background tables
These tables are meant to serve as inspiration for your teen’s background. You’re not required to use them, or to roll randomly.
| D10 | Ideology/Belief |
| 1 | There is no such thing as bad attention. |
| 2 | Being a kid is really an application process for being an adult. I know where I’m meant to go. |
| 3 | I have faith (specify). It helps me tell right from wrong. |
| 4 | “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.” |
| 5 | I know that the world could be better, and it’s my job to make others see this (what’s your cause?) |
| 6 | There are more things out there than what people will admit to. I want to see what’s beneath the surface. |
| 7 | Childhood is a golden, fading memory. I don’t like I’m heading. |
| 8 | I only trust you guys. The rest of the world is out for blood. |
| 9 | My hobby (what is it?) comes first. |
| 10 | Without my family and friends, I am nothing. |
Significant People
| D10 | Who are they? |
| 1 | Parent (e.g. mother, father, stepmother). |
| 2 | Teacher (at school, or anyone who takes the time to teach you) |
| 3 | Sibling (older, young, step- etc.) |
| 4 | Girl/boyfriend |
| 5 | A grandparent, uncle, aunt or other older family member. |
| 6 | The person who taugh your characters her highest skill. What skill is it, and who taught it to you? |
| 7 | A faith leader. |
| 8 | A famous person (artist, politician, historical figure). |
| 9 | A friend (long-time, new, or someone you just WANT to be your friend). |
| 10 | A fictitious person (an imaginary friend, a character from fiction etc.) |
| D10 | Why are they important? |
| 1 | I’ve never tried to be without them. Not having them in my life would be like walking without legs. |
| 2 | We’ve shared so many experiences. I may not even like them, but no one else knows what we’ve been through. |
| 3 | Their genius makes them important, duh. (their art, glamor, cutting wit etc.) |
| 4 | I’m better than them, and I need the world to recognize this (What’s wrong with them?) |
| 5 | Guilt. I wronged them terribly. Now seeing them is a punch to the gut. I must make things better somehow. |
| 6 | I owe them! (What did they do to help you?) |
| 7 | I love them with that kind of heady love which resembles malaria or madness. |
| 8 | They have wronged me, and I want payback. (What did they do? What do you dream of doing to them?) |
| 9 | I want to rise to their level. I want them to see me as I see them. |
| 10 | I think they know something they’re not telling me. There is strangeness in the world, and they’re involved with it. |
| D10 | Meaningful locations |
| 1 | That empty building where we party. |
| 2 | Our secret place from when we were little. It’s still a good place to think and get away. |
| 3 | The place where I get to use my most cherished skill (Where is that, and what’s the skill?) |
| 4 | My room. People best not come in without knocking! |
| 5 | Nature. It’s just more real than the rest you know? |
| 6 | A place of culture (music venue, museum, |
| 7 | School. Not something I’ll necessarily admit though! |
| 8 | The grave, or another place which reminds me of a dead person (who?). |
| 9 | The mystery place. That certain place where the world shows its true colors (or something otherworldly pokes through). |
| 10 | A place connected to your faith (church, sweat lodge, the rec center when the Skeptics Society meet etc.) |
0 Yorumlar