Way back in November, Sue of Mr. Micawber's Recipe for Happiness posted a CAL for her beautiful Limpet Mitts pattern. I am not usually one to jump in but Sue's patterns are so fascinating and you learn so much from her. I decided to get moving and try to stay up with the instructions. Alas I have to admit I did not stay up, but I finished mine yesterday, well Limpet Mitts according to Meredith that is.
Here was the first section to the pattern. I was so thrilled I learned about Sue's special way of joining rounds and I learned how to make Limpets. They are so fun and such an incredible design element.
This poor portion of the pattern remained all by itself until yesterday when I finally decided to get this project done.
Now Sue, don't be all embarrassed for me but I just could not do the thumb portion of the mitt. First of all I got mixed up, and since I was nursing a pretty bad headache I had to read the directions several times (not your fault they were flawless). When my heads hurts nothing makes sense even simple directions. Then as I actually got it right I decided that the yarn I was using was too thick to make the thumb, there would have just been too much yarn between my thumb and hand.
I put them down for a while and thought about it. What if I made it without the thumb portion? Well I am no designer or even that creative, so I had to give this a lot of thought, and frankly my head was not cooperating. I finally worked it out, going back and forth for four rows and then joining again in the round. The problem was I should have decreased before going back and forth to make them fit better as Sue was decreasing at the same time she was making the thumb, well live and learn. My yarn choice was also a bit to thick, I made a smaller size but really should have used slightly thinner yarn.
They are a bit wide across the widest part of my hand, but I do sort of have thin hands, they just might be perfect for someone else, but there is no way I am giving these away, I like them too much. I used Jo Sharp yarn left over from one of the tank top/sweaters I made earlier this year. So here they are Limpet Mitt's according to Meredith, minus the thumb, and a little too big........
Signs of Christmas are all over my house. Little Buddy loves looking at these snowflakes slowly spinning in my windows.
My mantle has been decorated since right after Thanksgiving. I don't like to decorate early but I know with my schedule it is the only way it works for me.
I collected Santa's for years, it was a great present for my parents to give me, as it always gave them something to look for that I would love.
My favorite Father Christmas I bought years ago at an art fair where my parents used to live in Michigan, he is sitting on my Father's antigue red bike.
Not the best picture here but I did want you to see Her Highness on the right, and Princess on the left, in relation to the other plants I have. These two are ginormous for Christmas Cactus plants. Princess was really 1/3 of the size when I bought her last year. Do you see my tomato plant in the middle?
Little Buddy's face has healed right up. By the next day all you could really see was the scratch on his face. If you looked really close there was a tiny bit of brusing around his eye.
He says thanks for all your well wishes.
Happy Sunday.
0 Yorumlar