What do you think? Eh? Eh??
Whilst I let my flush subside I made a list of current films I want to see. They are:
- ‘Cats’ despite the mixed and mostly grim reviews because I think it will be a thing of balletic and musical beauty. And the songs are fab.
- ‘Little Women’ because now I know that what’s her face dies I shall be prepared for the event. Plus I am hoping that Amy will be a bit more likeable than she was in the BBC adaptation last year.
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ because it looks surreal, quirky and funny in a way that probably isn’t meant to be funny. Plus it is called ‘Jojo Rabbit’ - why wouldn’t one want to see a film of that title??
- ‘The Personal History of David Copperfield’ - again, because it looks funny and quirky, a different slant on the same old Dickens’ stuff that is churned out in an earnest ‘let’s be honourable to one of our best writers’ way that gets on my nerves because he was a not very nice chap, but hey! He wrote a rollicking story.
- ‘A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood.’ Tom Hanks in a light-hearted, based on fact observational comedy. Why not? I watched ‘Saving Mr Banks’ over the holidays. He was great as Walt Disney.
I am attempting to see these at the cinema, rather than let the moment pass and buy the DVD when it comes out, which is the usual matter of things. Grabbing the moment by the lapels, if you will. Keeps clutter out of the cupboards because I rarely rewatch DVDs unless they are very, VERY excellent.
My new loom is still staring at me, although I’ve watched some accompanying YouTube videos which have helped make sense of the instruction booklet the loom arrived with. I’ve also placed some wool next to the loom in preparation. I count this as progress. I just need to woman up and get on with giving it a go.
I have almost completed the knitting of a rather nice red jumper. One more sleeve and the neck to go. The sleeve will be okay, but I need to be in the right frame of mind to do the neck, because it will involve picking up stitches evenly from the edges of the front of the jumper and the back of the jumper and as most knitters will know, ‘picking up evenly’ is the equivalent to sharing out a pile of sweets to a rabble of children who will ALWAYS grumble that someone has got more than they have. Of course, once you’ve done it, and suddenly you have a new jumper, you wonder what all the fuss is about. It’s a bit like going to the dentist for a check up. You whip yourself into a frenzy of fret and anxiety about fillings and tartar and clicky jaws, and then skip out the door, all smiley, when the dentist declares you all clear for another six months or so. That is what knitting together the component parts of a jumper at the neck is like. Honest.
In keeping with my thoughts of developing a new limited-to-BBC TV viewing habit I am looking forward enormously to the new series of ‘Best Home Cook’ with Mary Berry which starts this evening, and ‘The Goes Wrong Show’ which is on tomorrow. Oh, and a new ‘Call the Midwife’ which starts on Sunday. That’ll do.
Happy 2020 to you all!

0 Yorumlar