Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Proper Table

I love my office/craft space.  I have been tweaking it here and there over the past year.  Now mind you since Little Buddy arrived my time is a bit limited in this space but I still wanted it to work better.  I was using a cutting table as my table to hold my sewing machines and assorted crafty items.  It was way too high to sew on, too rickedy, and frankly not all that comfortable to sit on a stool and do any work there.  The cutting table started to become a storage area for me and I did not like that at all.  You see I am not much of a sewer.  I can dabble a bit to fix something or make a Halloween costume but that is about it.  I really did not need the sewing machines to take up all the space on the table.  On Saturday I had to make a trip to IKEA for my husband so I thought I might have a look around to see if anything would work better.  I  think I found the perfect solution and now I am tickled pink.  I put it all together this weekend, rearranged a few things and now I almost feel like I have a proper studio.  Here come have a peek with me............

  
Come on in.......lets take a look.


Here it is!!!!  Gosh I am in love with this table.  Look at the legs, this tripod feature allows me to store my sewing machines under the table when I am not using them which allows for more room on top of the table.  The table can be raised to various heights and even be made into a drafting table for those of you who draw and paint.  Those mismatched shelves might be next on my list of things to fix.  They hold yarn, fleece, and all of my knitting, crochet and felting books.  These shelves were used to hold books when my boys were little so they have been used for a long time.

I bought the chair on sale at Target and it fits in perfectly.  Now I have a nice table to work at and do not have to perch myself on a bar stool trying to sew or create.  This room is actually pretty dark, actually every room in my house is which is odd considering I live in Florida.  I had to lighten up these pictures a bit so you could see more detail.


  Turning to the left you see my computer area where I spend lots of time working up evaluations,  for work and of course reading up on all of your lives and creative endeavors.  I still love the crochet valance I made for the window.


Turning more to the left you see Caroline the Dress Form in the ruffled shawl I made.  I am thinking of making another one in the beautiful yarn hanging on the back of the door, that was from my lovely friend Bridget at The Ravell'd Sleave.  I think it would be fun in this color.  The closet next to my desk holds all of my toys, puzzles and games for work.  It is a crazy mess in there so we won't open the door.  I hope to turn it into my yarn closet when I retire someday.  A yarn closet, doesn't that sound like bliss!!!!!


Turning left again you see the door we came in.  This is my old, oak shelving unit holding a lot of my yarn, not all of it but a good bit.  The sign above my bathroom door was from my MIL's room in the assisted living facility, it says, "Vim and Vinegar, Old Age Ain't For Sissies!"  This room looks much bigger in pictures, it really isn't all that big, but it is space I have carved out just for myself. The new table helps make it perfect don't you think?

Thanks for all of your uplifting comments on Little Buddies progress, he amazes us every single day.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar