By Baskin-Robbins
????-????
I’ve written before about foods that were no longer made, such as Regal Crown Sours and Screaming Yellow Zonkers.* Usually, it was because the manufacturer was out of business and the recipe lost. Mandarin Chocolate Sherbet was made by Baskin-Robbins, which is still in business and presumably knows the recipe. Yet as far as I can see, it hasn’t been made in years.
It’s a shame. The flavor has never been seen elsewhere. It’s a dark chocolate sherbet with just a hint of orange, that you don’t notice until you swallow. Despite the fact it’s somewhat light – sherbet instead of ice cream – there was a rich, dark chocolate taste that melts on the tongue.
There were many fans. It was named the best Baskin-Robbins ice cream by Paul Passell and Leonard Ross and it deserves to be. Yet even though it was discontinued years ago, there was no sign of them being willing to bring it back.
Which is a shame. There was no other ice cream like it.
____________________________________________
*Both have come back, if only for a short time. I’d like to think this blog had something to do with it.
0 Yorumlar